Areas of application:
– detection of people behind walls, in rooms with closed doors for the assault teams of police, army, secret services, for intelligence, to check people in closed rooms for security services;
– detection of people under the rubble of buildings, snow avalanches caused by earthquakes and disasters.
The PicoR Bio device was tested together with the Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations to detect people under the rubble caused by earthquakes and technogenic disasters. Together with the EMERCOM it has developed recommendations for the use of a mobile radar system detecting victims in the rubble. It was obtained a number of patents on the device, software, and methods of using it.
The device is connected to tablet PC (with Windows OS) via USB cable. The operator using software can control the device parameters and see objects detected on a radargram in a real-time. Software also allows to record any signal for further analysis.
PicoR Bio is fully safe for the operator and detected objects. Its radiated power distributed in a wide frequency range is extremely small.
The device has the ability to work pressed to or spaced from the wall or rubble surface.
PicoR Bio device uses ultrashort pulses of radio waves with high performance penetration through walls and floors (made of standard building materials, including bricks, blocks, concrete floors, including reinforced concrete, wood eams, plaster, wallpaper, as well as office furniture, glass, etc.) The only screening material is metal barriers.
The device comprises:
- antenna module PicoR-2;
- PicoR Bio software;
- USB-cable with sealed connector, 2 m;
- tablet or laptop (with installed and configured PicoR Bio software);
- breast bag with “shelf” for comfortable operator work with tablet or laptop (with screen size up to 14 “);
- shockproof sealed case.
The operation principle of the device is that the operator directs the antenna module to the wall (optimally pressed to the wall to reduce the signal reflected from it). Then he visually observe on the computer screen changes in the radiogram of the reflected signal when objects move behind the wall.
One of the conditions for correct device operation is no significant movements of objects in the rear hemisphere pattern of its antennas because due to its very high sensitivity the device may show operator movements as well. Therefore the operator should be on the maximum possible distance from the device, over some obstacles or not making any significant movements. In such cases “false” acquired data is easy to identify and ignore.
- reliable detection of humans behind the walls and rubble of any standard building materials by their movement (the more the amplitude of movement, wiggling, breathing, the higher the probability of correct detection)
- separate detection of objects in vicinity of each other (at a distance of 0.5 m)
- simultaneous moving and stationary objects detection
- user-friendly interface that provides control of device parameters and intuitive interpretation the radargramm
- ability to work pressed to or spaced from the wall
- immunity to interference and safety
- maximum object detection range – 16 m, no “dead zones”
- possibility of detecting fully stationary objects (people, furniture) in profiling mode (movement of the device along the wall)
- product price is several times lower than other market offers.
|Adjustable range of detection distance||up to 16 m|
|Minimum amplitude of the detected motion||1 cm|
|Thickness of brick wall over which the person is detected||not less than 80 cm|
|Building materials through which the device can work||brick, concrete, reinforced concrete, stone, stucco wall, drywall, etc.|
|Angle of view||60 deg. in the horizontal plane, 120 deg. in the vertical plane|
|Size of antenna module||410 х 270 х 68 mm|
|Weight of antenna module||1.8 kg|
|Battery life (using tablet PC)||6 hours|
|Operating temperature range||-20 … +50 °С|
Detection characteristics over obstacles (experimental and calculated data):
|Building material||Thickness||Movements detection (walking)||Breathing/wiggling detection|
|Air||–||16 m||7 m|
|Reinforced concrete slab||25 cm||7 m||2 m|
|Dense concrete||50 cm||1 m||–|
|Double glazed windows||3 cm||5 m||1,5 m|
|Brick||40 cm||7 m||2,5 m|
|Sand||90 cm||5 m||1,5 m|
|Snow (when coming avalanche)||3 m||–||3 m|